Wednesday, 3 March 2010

Hello March:Wednesday


Today Julie and I went for a day out to Derby. I wanted to see what it was like to drive instead of getting the train and also to have a better look around and see if we could find some more attractive 'features' of the city to redeem my not so great first impressions. I also wanted to try to get a sense of what was going on culturally.

These three pix are the best bits (yes, only three)

I don't know how much it should matter, but I just don't like the city. I know its hard to tell without spending any real time there, but after today's visit I'm thinking about applying to Sheffield after all. Its a long, long time since I've been to Sheffield, so I can't remember if its much better, but really I've got nothing to lose.
Here's today's song....throw your curtains wide and sing along...

No comments: