Moving On : 1
At the end of Februrary I moved house. I wanted to be somewhere warmer and closer to town and so found this little place within walking distance of the city centre, university and church. It's in quite a studenty area with lots of nice old and unusual houses...I don't live in one of them. I actually live in one of the ugliest buildings ever - the 70s have a lot to answer for!
Here's the view from my lounge (back to the window), looking towards the bedroom, with attractive fake woodwork and mirrors. Through the arch to the right is the bathroom door, as can be seen and the front door is a bit further down the corridor. To the right of the chair is another door, which you can't see, is the kitchen. Here's how it looks from the bedroom end:
And here's the kitchen:
My attractive home looks out onto another hideous building, the hospital. Its so awful, I really like it.
There's always loads of coming and going and plenty for me to gawp at out the winda.
The next photo shows the flats from behind, which is a bit prettier. Its actually taken from the church yard next door. I haven't actually attended a service there yet, but appreciate the bells when I'm lying in bed.
So that's literally where I'm at. Even though the cottage was lovely, I can't say I miss it at all. It took me a while to get used to having neighbours but I'm really happy here and am glad I made the move.
1 comment:
looks like a great place my friend! i miss you very much an hope we can meet up sometime in the next couple years. We ought to talk sometime soon. let me know if you can.
Post a Comment