Friday, 2 March 2007

Things you should know - scribbles

Some drawings I've been doing for work lately. Quite enjoyed it. Am trying not to be too careful, although it goes against every fibre of my being. Think I likes the rabbits bestest.











So, Frank moved out yesterday and I can't quite believe that he's gone. Funny how you get used to people very quickly. I know I'll miss our late night chats and was even a little bit sad when I realised his toothbrush had disappeared from the bathroom, having said that, I am very pleased to have the flat to myself again though and can't help but feel a certain freedom in being alone. I recieved a letter from the art college at Edinburgh inviting me for an interview on 30th March, so I really need to get producing some art to show them. They asked for about 20 pieces from the last year, which I don't have, although I'm going to take some older stuff just cos I think they need to see a bit of 'context'. So far my frantic paintifying hasn't turned out anything good, but hopefully over the next few days I can come up with something decent. we'll see. If anyone has any project ideas I'd love to hear them - Sethicus I'm counting on you.

4 comments:

shinbone #4 said...

Love'em... the bunnies yes... but also the fish and chips and the phone... I think I may have fallen a bit in love with the fish and chips boy, it's those lopsided eyes. So cute*

shinbone #4 said...

ALSO!! I would like to add you to my paintings blog - may I??

Jonathan said...

Hey dude!
Keep painting! I love these wee scribbles, absolutely love them! Are they for Bible school next year?
How are you doing anyway fella?

Anonymous said...

Heya brova,
Well, i hope the process is going better fer yer. Here are some ideas for ya. First, you should look back in yer journals/sketchbooks and find idears fer stuff, i find that my ideas are stoked by the embers that glow in old ideas. Two, the other day i was having an awful bad "art day" and getting nothing done, i skipped a class and just wallowed around in my despair... the next day i went to the art museum and it was amazing! i hadn't really gone by meself before and so it was really fun to just run around without having to wait for or hurry for another person. There were so many things that really got me hexited and ready to make new images. Third, think about maybe doing a series that is all based on a single image (like taking apart a photo and doing sections of it). Or use a series of images that you like from yer camera and make paintings of em (like that nice painting you did when you were here a couple years ago, the drippy figure!) i ope that elps. If you are still lacking some ideas let me know, i'll be happy to get some more thoughts for you. Talk to you soon.
yours
love
seth(icus)