Monday, 4 February 2008

No Comment


Don't you just hate it when people take forever to update their blog? me too. Sorry, its been a while. I just can't think of anything to say. I decided to make a collage using a scan from my sketchbook and a few photos with the odd letter in 'Pages' just to slap something in here.
So, over 2 weeks ago I got a letter from the art college in Edinburgh that I applied to (and was rejected by) last year, telling me I had an interview in March - it was a bit of a surprise. I'm supposed to take 20 pieces of new work - which I don't have, so I emailed the course leader and told him I didn't know what to do - since I had no intention of applying this year, but now that they'd got in touch with me I was kinda interested again, but didn't want to turn up without any decent new work, and wondered if I should still attend the interview. That was last week and I still haven't heard owt. I haven't made any art either and am feeling like the most unartistic lump on the planet. I dunno if its a good idea to go for this course or not. Its a shedload of money and I'd probs need to find a job to be able to pay rent and survive and I'd be giving up my job/home/community/etc. here with a very unknown future....any thoughts anyone?

2 comments:

shinbone #4 said...

what on earth! really, I just don't know anymore... whenever I think a dream is from God and move forward on it... I seem to fail in the last hour... then when I am finally perfectly content and minding my own business another opportunity falls into my lap, or maybe a regurgitated version of the original. It doesn't seem to make sense, but I really believe whole heartedly that God will stop us if it's not right... or continue to prompt us forward if we seem to be standing still.
In other words. No real sage advice from me, but I'll pray right now God makes clear to you "should you stay or should you go"... X

Anonymous said...

Heya shortleepants,
Well, isn't that just how it is!? i am excited that you have more opportunity and are being pushed around a bit in yer space. i thihnk it is good fer yer to have shedloads of stuff to think about and pray about, it is interestink that after you had forgotten it, it is back. Know that we are praying for you and hexcited to see whare you will be. Keep straining for what is ahead!
ps. hope you like the typos! GRIN.