Thursday, 7 August 2008

Off Day/Day Off

Today's my day off. I've actually had more days off than normal since I've been working in the main office, but haven't quite known what to do with them, and consequently feel like they've been a bit of a waste. Today I was able to sleep in (thanks to the fact that there was no annoying delivery lorry beeping ridiculously at 7am) (instead the construction team decided to drag out the circular saw and start chopping things up, but at least it was an hour after the expected lorry) so I was in a good mood and able to enjoy a lovely breakfast which included yoghurt and strawberries, accompanied by the Weepies who I just find so inspiring. They always make me want to write a song, but instead I decided to draw on a big rock. A while ago I had the thought that it would be cool to draw on the pile of abandoned rocks in the field by the river, dunno why. So cos the sun was shining and I was feeling inspired, I decided today was the day. As usual, it didn't turn out the way I'd planned. The rocks weren't very smooth and the charcoal didn't show up to well on them. They were all funny shapes too and I had a hard time deciding what to do. Below are a couple of pix


It was good to sit and be alone though. Which is kinda wonky, cos if there's one thing I've been feeling latey its alone. I'm almost scared to say anything incase it ruins it, but I think, think, I say, think, that I've been more aware of God's presence lately, in very simple subtle ways and maybe its my imagination, or maybe its the wobbly steps of faith but either way I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful! i am hexcited by the rock drawings. Also happy to hear about yer day off. i hope that we can talk later since you are off. Will talk to yer soon!

shinbone #4 said...

oh Michael, you make it sound like God doesn't WANT to hang out with you...which of course He does. I am so glad that your "alone time" wasn't lonely. AND your rocks are fantastic.. of course generally I'm a fan. AND... how did that talk go by the way - the staff one to be specific, just in case your public speaking career has taken off. :D