Friday, 9 January 2009

9pm on the 9th

Today has been a crazy day. Not outwardly crazy or busy stressful crazy, but inside of my body it has felt like a month of manic-ness. I have been so dizzy and feeling rotten and anxious and yet sometimes ok and well and then hissing in my ears and confusing thoughts clashing about in my brain, it has all been a bit much. Tonight is peaceful though and I'm glad to have a ticking clock for company and a calmness in my head for a nice change. I couldn't even say what was wrong, apart from the dizziness and headache, but later found out that 2 other people have had the same thing, so I don't feel quite so insane now.

One thing I've come to discover recently about God, is that there are certain rules, or principles that describe Who He is, or how He acts, what we can expect from Him and that we can depend on these despite how we feel or what the circumstance (easier said than done, of course), but then out-of-the-blue there are times when He just steps into the framework of our understanding, the framework of our faith and our world and just breaks all the 'rules' and changes things, simple as that. I like it. I like both sides. I feel like a day like today reminds me that He will just bring peace out of the blue. that it seemed impossible this morning, but tonight its everywhere.

2 comments:

shinbone #4 said...

That's beautiful... and true.

Anonymous said...

i love the broken rules and the smashing of this human logic! i ope and pray you are well, talk to you soon.