My Replacement
Today 3 people came to be interviewed for my job, and last week 3 others came to chat about it. It's been really interesting reading application forms and meeting them all and trying to decide who would be a good replacement. Its actually quite hard because I realised that everyone I met had certain skills and qualities about them that would make them suitable in one way or another, that they would be good for capernwray or that capernwray would be good for them. It kind of made me realise what an inclusive place this is and that was a nice thought. I also thought that I probably wouldn't have got my job if I'd had to fill in forms and have interviews etc.! so I'm very glad I came in the olden days when things weren't so official. Although we haven't actually announced who we're going to accept we were all in agreement and I'm very happy with the choice. I think he's probably like me in many ways - I know I got on with him straight away and felt like he's the most similar to me personality-wise which also feels like confirmation from God that its right for me to go. Nice.
I also forgot to say in my earlier mammoth post that when I phoned the man from the Christian centre to tell him I'd decided not to take the free room, he was really nice and said they would pray for me and bless me anyway, and asked if I'd do him a favour. I sheepishly replied that I would and he said he wanted me to go and use their facilities whenever I wanted, just to pray and meditate and be part of their ministry until I settle in a church, which I thought was really kind and again, such a blessing.
I also forgot to say in my earlier mammoth post that when I phoned the man from the Christian centre to tell him I'd decided not to take the free room, he was really nice and said they would pray for me and bless me anyway, and asked if I'd do him a favour. I sheepishly replied that I would and he said he wanted me to go and use their facilities whenever I wanted, just to pray and meditate and be part of their ministry until I settle in a church, which I thought was really kind and again, such a blessing.
1 comment:
very much blessingferd! YAY!!
Post a Comment