Pants of the melon & friends
I've really been having a rough time at work lately. I'm so bored and frustrated its just pants and I'm totally fed up with it. Glad its Saturday tomorrow. Here's one thing I did last week which was quite enjoyable, it's a memory verse for one of the kids groups on holiday here.
I wanted to say something spiritual about the 'fruits of the spirit' but its almost midnight and my brain's too cabbaged to be clever or artichoke, I mean articulate. The only thing I can think of is something I heard (or read) somewhere which was something about the purpose of fruit is to be eaten, so not to get too upset when someone eats up all our patience, or love or gentleness, the idea is we bear the fruit for others to enjoy and maybe because of it a little seed will somehow sprout up somewhere else and make a bit more. Here endeth the lemon.
I wanted to say something spiritual about the 'fruits of the spirit' but its almost midnight and my brain's too cabbaged to be clever or artichoke, I mean articulate. The only thing I can think of is something I heard (or read) somewhere which was something about the purpose of fruit is to be eaten, so not to get too upset when someone eats up all our patience, or love or gentleness, the idea is we bear the fruit for others to enjoy and maybe because of it a little seed will somehow sprout up somewhere else and make a bit more. Here endeth the lemon.
2 comments:
love em - really cute! good reminder too!
hello michael...
yes, i finally made it on here... (not sure whether that's good or bad but that's what it is...)
anyway here's my first official comment to say:
regarding the fruit of the spirit... i was talking to a friend the other day and she said something i had never realised before that goes with what you read / heard... and that is that just as "fruit is to be eaten" if you will, we are also able to eat that fruit...
and that when someone is loving, gentle, kind (etc. etc.) to you, that is just as much the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself to you as, say, Him zeroing your eyes into a bit of His creation... or doing anything else that shows you a bit more of Himself.
i don't know if that makes any sense (i'm horrible at articulating things and even worse at repeating amazing things people tell me)... but... i guess i always just thought of the fruit of the spirit as a kind of chore... something we should do... but really it is the Spirit's work... he can speak through your kindness to someone else as a picture of Himself and in the same way can show you a bit of Himself through someone else's patience.
hope that made some sort of sense.
Post a Comment