X
Today is my Ten Year Anniversary of working at Capernwray. Nutty. I only found out by mistake. While looking for a photograph I came across a diary from 1997 and there it was, on 21st November, 'came to capernwray'. That's all. For some reason it feels like a big thing, a thing everyone should be making a fuss about - which of course they aren't - understandably. I'm not even sure why it should feel significant, after all its just a number and not even a very big one at that. It also seems a bit ironic to want to make a big deal of it now, when I obviously didn't make a big deal of it then, (at least not in my diary) when the coming was more of a life changing event than the staying. I can' t believe how quickly the time has gone and I'm sitting here wondering what has changed during that time. The way I look, I spose...on the inside hopefully, as well as on the outside. Apart from that, I've got more stuff now than I came with, which is neither here nor there. Other than that I have ten years of friends, ten years of living, ten years of knowledge (i hope). Today someone said that sometimes other people's words or actions can become so influencial to you that they become so much a part of you that you don't even recognise them in yourself. I wonder how 'less myself' I would be if I hadn't had ten years of people speaking into me and shaping me. I wonder what effect I've had on other people, some of whom have had to put up with ten years worth of me.The person also talked about Proverbs 25:11 which says, "A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver", and they told stories of their life when people had said the right thing at the right time and how they had carried the apple of gold ever since. Its a nice picture. I like apples, the computers and the fruit. It makes me think about my mouth, and how many words I've spouted off in ten years. 22.166.450 is a rough average, although it seems no one can agree what the daily amount is, from my 2min research on the internet. Anyway, that's a lot. I hope there were one or two good ones in all that. I haven't got much idea about the next 10 minutes let alone the next ten years but the ambition to speak a few golden apples seems like a good place to start.
2 comments:
that is a beautiful image... especially to a girl that loves apples as much as I do ;)
I don't know if the coming is any more significant than the staying however. After all, you've had plans to move on before, but have stayed... be it by your own decision or by God's...anyway maybe the "coming to Capernwray" hasn't been as siginifcant as the choice to stay has been. A choice that in a way you make in every moment.
Anyway... congratulations on 10 years at the Hall, I'm glad you stayed long enough that I met you - you're a star!
congratulations! That is somat special. i'm hexcited to see what God has for you in the next ten years. i am constantly impressed and encouraged by the words here in these pages. i hope to talk to you soon. keep pushing for the apples!
Post a Comment