Tuesday, 20 February 2007

More

7th March 2002
did collating for the yearbook in the library. am really aware that my free time just vanishes and I need to spend more time with God. listening, seeking. tried to listen to the actual sounds I could hear - floorboards creaking under me as I moved, slight whisper of the pages as I picked them up. the rain against the window, the wind in the tree branches. I felt like the only person in the world. once in a while the maintenance truck drove past the window - they never noticed me watching them. (wondered if that's how God feels). 3 RAF jets flew over - faster than sound. looking at all the faces in the yearbook, sometimes and outstanding person 'flies' past. spectacular, but quick. wondered about all these faces. the lives they represent. read each name out as a prayer - don't know if my prayers were just good wishes, don't know if that matters. thought about their lives. these pictures make them seem frozen in between their pasts and futures. what will become of them? what does it matter? what is the point of all of this? the rain stopped and the sun came out. a bird began to sing. heard the creaking of a floorboard above me. someone else is there.