Thursday, 8 February 2007

These photographs

Yesterday I finally got my photos back of my holiday in Australia - cost me 35 stinking pounds and they still look like digital prints. Anyway, I'm happy. I need to decide which ones to scan and stick up here, but first I just wanted to show a few of my 'using the film up' pix. They're all taken about the home, and I'm quietly pleased with them.












Today has been a surprisingly good day. By that I mean I woke up wondering what I'm doing even thinking about leaving Capernwray and the special friendships I have here. The thing that brought this panic bubbling to the surface (albeit in my stumbling into the shower stupor) was the thought that today I had made an appointment with Les (my boss) to tell him all the stuff that's been going on in my head about leaving/changing my hours/doing a course/etc. etc. not to mention the fact that I was also seeing Mark (the director) to tell him the same. The art school in Edinburgh had told me that I had to apply and have an interview before the end of March if I want to attend next year, which made everything seem sort of serious and immediate and no longer just a nice idea. I also had my first session with my new student art group which I wasn't prepared for. Then tonight I have the staff boys' bible study, followed by a serious conversation with one of the boys I mentor, then some returning students for a cuppa and in the middle of it all I'm trying to write a blog. But like I said, today has been good, good in the sense of none of my own doing, the panic has drifted away. encouraging. peaceful.


3 comments:

Jonathan said...

Hey St.
Good to read you boyo. How you feeling now?
I'm glad to read of you mentoring, that's a hugely great thing you're doing. I know I appreciated your guidance and input in the summer before Bible school, during Bible school and after. Thank you for that.
What you doing about leaving?

Andrew said...

Hey Michael! Thought since the brother posted a comment,I'd better! hehe! Let me know how everything goes!

shinbone #4 said...

WOW! ST.CLAIR LEE!! It's all happening! I find it amazing the way things happen when God is in control... Like it's all out of your hands, and you can kind of sit back and enjoy the ride - story of my life :D
godliness+contentment=great gain. Glad you were experiencing that today!