Monday, 19 February 2007

Sarnie I's late

So, its been a while since I've written anything - sorry if you've been checking every day and getting disappointed (who am I kidding?). Sorry too that the last post was a bit confused, even for me, but I was in too much of a hurry to sort it out and then forgot about doing it later. Actually, as I left the office and legged it to the Bible study, I fell down 3 steps and twisted my ankle, which turned out to be almost as painful as my tonsilectomy! I really thought I'd broken it and were it not for magic painkillers and a frozen chicken breast, I wouldn't have made it past 4.30am. Anyway, after a lengthy examination over the phone from my Mamma, we came to the conclusion it wasn't broken and so after more painkillers and some hobbling about, its almost back to normal - thanks for asking.

I haven't felt much like writing this past week. I haven't done anything in my everyday sketchbook for yonkies (more like once a month if you're lucky sketch book), its been hard to pray and read the bible and 'empty' is the word I keep writing down when I'm scribbling. empty empty empty. Having said that, I've been really aware of God taking control of things that I have just been panicking about and though they were very minor things to the rest of the human race, they were enough for me to worry, as I do. One after the other He has sorted them out in His gentle style, leaving me wondering what all the fuss was about.

As I said, I haven't felt much like writing, haven't felt like there was anything inside to give, couldn't even think of a picture to stick up. Then I came across a journal from 2002 which I had written in about 12 times and I decided to read it (cos it was small). I was actually quite impressed with myself even though some are just bible verses, and wished I could get back to seeing the way I was seeing (God) then. I thought I might share a few of the entries, until I can think of something from my life now. Here's the first...

1st March 2002
saw footprints in the mud round the loop. mine and Joel's from the night before. you don't think about them in the night, in the day there were very clear. recognised my own first, then realised his were beside mine. seemed a visual reminder of the night before. comforting. evidence of the path we had taken. next day they had faded a lot, after rain and traffic. still partly there, but had to be searched for. thought about all the other footprints that had been there before. thought about jesus always being there. seemed a reminder to appreciate what we have right now. people come into your life and walk with you for a while then disappear. funny how my memory fades so quickly too and I can't remember people's faces, but they appear in dreams. thought about the influence (footprints) we all have on each other's lives. is it the footprints that make the path?

1 comment:

shinbone #4 said...

My, but you wax poetic in your journal! That was beautiful, thanks for sharing it :D
May I quote it someday?? hmmm??
May I use it for my book, I promise to give the appropriate props! Promise!