Critical Update No. 4
Therapy
As part of my course, I am required to undergo an hour of personal therapy every week, during the taught part of the course, with a qualified psychotherapist. At first I wanted to see a man, a Christian, an art psychotherapist and he had to be cheap! Well, looks like I've found a hole in the market, cos he doesn't seem to exist, at least not about these parts. After a bit of looking, thinking, praying, I decided the main thing I wanted was a Christian (a cheap one) and the other things could take a back seat. And so with a bit of investigation and a 'chance' meeting I decided on the lady I'm now seeing. She isn't a man, or an art therapist, but she is a Christian and as cheap as I'm going to get. I think it was a good choice, especially when I hear about other people at college and how they hate going to therapy sessions. I think we got on pretty well and I actually quite like it, although it is very odd at the same time. Its like having a really good friend who isn't your friend, cos you actually don't know them at all. Some days its just like having a chat and I wonder what the point of it all is, then other days I run out of things to say and feel like she looks at me too much, then other times she says something small yet profound and everything clicks into place and I'm left wondering how I've never seen it before.
As part of my course, I am required to undergo an hour of personal therapy every week, during the taught part of the course, with a qualified psychotherapist. At first I wanted to see a man, a Christian, an art psychotherapist and he had to be cheap! Well, looks like I've found a hole in the market, cos he doesn't seem to exist, at least not about these parts. After a bit of looking, thinking, praying, I decided the main thing I wanted was a Christian (a cheap one) and the other things could take a back seat. And so with a bit of investigation and a 'chance' meeting I decided on the lady I'm now seeing. She isn't a man, or an art therapist, but she is a Christian and as cheap as I'm going to get. I think it was a good choice, especially when I hear about other people at college and how they hate going to therapy sessions. I think we got on pretty well and I actually quite like it, although it is very odd at the same time. Its like having a really good friend who isn't your friend, cos you actually don't know them at all. Some days its just like having a chat and I wonder what the point of it all is, then other days I run out of things to say and feel like she looks at me too much, then other times she says something small yet profound and everything clicks into place and I'm left wondering how I've never seen it before.
JOURNAL - 12.10.2010
CRITICAL THINKING & ASSESSMENT
Felt really frustrated and saddened by the vague, abstract, conceptual jargon going on and on in this session. Was annoyed with one girl who kept asking questions and chipping in all the way through the seminar. Was also bothered by the fact that she is in my new ‘seminar group’. Feel out of my depth and in a fog. Really unsure again whether this is really the thing for me to do. Got irritated too about political correctness and people complaining about words like ‘patient’. Felt pretty P’d-off generally although think a good amount of this is tiredness. Was half way through the Assessment presentation before I realised that the things we were finding out about are things we will need to do/know for assessments with clients. Feel like things are never clear or absolute or simple. Really want someone to explain things and describe things and stop being so stinking vague.
CRITICAL THINKING & ASSESSMENT
Felt really frustrated and saddened by the vague, abstract, conceptual jargon going on and on in this session. Was annoyed with one girl who kept asking questions and chipping in all the way through the seminar. Was also bothered by the fact that she is in my new ‘seminar group’. Feel out of my depth and in a fog. Really unsure again whether this is really the thing for me to do. Got irritated too about political correctness and people complaining about words like ‘patient’. Felt pretty P’d-off generally although think a good amount of this is tiredness. Was half way through the Assessment presentation before I realised that the things we were finding out about are things we will need to do/know for assessments with clients. Feel like things are never clear or absolute or simple. Really want someone to explain things and describe things and stop being so stinking vague.
2 comments:
I always enjoy reading your blog!
Rough. man sometimes it does all seem like a bad joke, but i find that every time i start feeling like that i realize that God has put me here to do this work and it isn't supposed to be easy.
Post a Comment