Thursday, 18 January 2007

Aaaaaaaooooooooowwwwwwa

It really hurts....I mean really really hurts. It's been a week now since they scraped the monsters out of me throat and it still kills like you wouldn't believe. Its like really bad toothache and the worst sore throat you can ever imagine, combined with holding broken glass in your mouth - nasty. As you can imagine swallowing isn't easy. I knew it was going to be painful but this is quite different to anything I've felt before. I won't go into the details of what it actually looked like, but suffice to say that when I first managed to prise my mouth open and have a look I couldn't recognise it as my mouth at all - it was some cartoon mouth with an enourmous dangley bit hanging down clogging up my throat - like the size of a table spoon!!
The painkillers are worth their weight in gold, although I hate the taste of them and even thinking about them turns my stomach - hope I never have to taste them ever again after this. My body doesn't like them very much either and I've had a few wonky side effects including dehli-belly - lovely.
I really don't know how people cope with really being ill, like having cancer with long stays in hospital and surgery and medication and pain, it makes me very thankful for being 'normal' and healthy. I also have a new appreciation for food as there's quite a lot that I'm unable to eat right now. I've had all kinds of cravings and have been famished since the op. Can't wait to get back to normal.
Thankyou to everyone who has prayed and sent their best wishes, I really appreciate it - don't stop.
I know you're all wondering if I managed to draw my nasty tonsils before they flushed them down the bog, but I'm afraid they were so special the doctors asked if they could keep them for medical research, so in the interest of the planet I said they were welcome to them. You can thank me later.

4 comments:

shinbone #4 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shinbone #4 said...

I thank you NOW kind sir. I thank you that the scientific experiment that is your tonsils will probably be of benefit to my own tonsils someday.

Sorry about the pain. I'm sure it's teaching you empathy. Before I had my appendix out I was sure I would be able to do all sorts of things by the end of that week. Hahahaha ...oh.. how naive. Most physically painful thing I'd ever experienced. And as for being perfectly well within the week. HA! I think it took me 2 months almost, before I was "perfectly fine".

My point is... I won't tell you to "suck it up" "be a man" or any of these things...
It does hurt like crazy and drugs ARE probably your only option at this point.
I pray though you are pain free very soon.
xx's (to make it all better)
Grace

Anonymous said...

stay away from delibeli! Sarny fer the pains. Talk to yer later.
seth

shinbone #4 said...

Did you know that for the first 30 minutes after tonsils are removed they can bounce higher than a rubber ball!! ?
True story.