Twelfth Night
Christmas decorations are a faff. At least, I hate taking them down after the event. I'd like them to just disappear like those magic stitches you get when you have an operation. Not that we had very many, apart from our lovely tree that is. Frank, my hungarian flatmate managed to procure a tree (for nowt) as only he can, which was great, except we didn't have anything to hang on it. The solution: invite everyone round but tell them that they have to bring/make a decoration. Here are some of the results...
Gingerbread Star

Cotton bud Star

Babybell Cheese Wax Angel

and of course who could forget the timeless classic, The Bent Spoon

Thus a new Christmas tradition was born.
I was hoping for 100% biodegradable that way we could sling the whole thing out the window, but when it came down to it, I just couldn't do it. How could you just bin such works of art?
2 comments:
Wow! No kidding.. you definitely can't bin those. Who on earth made the Babybell wax angel. And I LOVED the cottonbud (q-tip) snowflake extraveganza. What do you call those in England - I can't remember. I love that you are creating a collection of Christmas ornaments that immediately have some sort of memory/emotional attachment. Those are of course the very best kind.
Greetings from a Gomer,
love the pictures of all yer ornaments. You should keep the tree in the boys corridor (that way it will make the place smell a little better, not so grungy! bentspoon is best!!!
love
seth
Post a Comment