Monday, 2 April 2007

my QUIET week-et (only 4 days)

Congratulations if you made it through the last post... you're a trooper. I promise I won't write anything as colossal ever again! So, still trying to catch up, but getting closer to the present day. Last week I was off work again (using up my holidays before the 'year' end) and had decided that it would be a good use of the time to spend the days seeking God and trying to discover whether it was right to leave Capernwray and whether it was right to go to Edinburgh, the Friday of the week being my interview day. I had envisioned a week of monk-like solitude, doing everything prayerfully and deliberately but in reality it wasn't like that at all.

I decided that each day I would:
pray before anything else, read a page of Henri Nouwen (from 'A Cry for Mercy') and my normal Bible passage, go for a walk, reflect and write down my thoughts, draw some kind of response, write a 'psalm', summerise what I'd learnt/found to be true.

I'll post my reflections from each of the days to correspond with the days of this week, although like I said it was last week, don't get confused now. Some things might not make too much sense either, cos I just wrote what I thought about.

1 comment:

shinbone #4 said...

aha! I've been working backwards in time - it's all coming together now :D